Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
1.1 Stewarts (Scotland) Ltd and any of its subsidiaries as (defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006. “The company” means the member of the Stewart (Scotland) Ltd Group which accepts the order for the goods. “The Buyer” means the person, persons, firm or company entering into a contract with the company, “terms” means the terms set out herein and any special terms agreed, in writing, between the Company and the Buyer. “Goods” means the products or services to be supplied by the company. “Contract” means the Contract for the supply of Goods incorporating these terms and conditions of sale.
These are the terms that apply to all sales and are the basis upon which orders are accepted. They will apply to all future transactions unless or until varied in writing.
2.1 No terms, conditions or reservations stipulated by the Buyer, and no course of dealing shall annual, vary or add to any of the items and conditions set out herein.
2.2 No cancellation or variation of any contract is permissible without the agreement of the Company, and on terms that the Buyer shall indemnify the Company against all losses of profit and costs incurred
2.3 In the event that either party shall become subject to proceedings under the Insolvency Act 1986, the other party shall have the right to terminate the Agreement forthwith.
3.1 Notwithstanding acceptance of any order, all goods are offered for sale subject to availability.
4.1 All prices are subject to alteration without prior notice and products will be invoiced at the prices ruling at the date of delivery.
4.2 Prices in this list are quoted exclusive of value added tax that will be added, where applicable at the rate current on the day of delivery.
4.3 Stewart’s orders over £100.00 will be delivered free of charge. Glencarse orders over £150.00 will be delivered free of charge. Orders under these values are subject to a delivery charge (Please ask at time of ordering if confirmation required of charge to be applied).
4.3 Orders outside of the UK please ask our Sales Team for details of delivery charges.
5.1 For Buyers who have been granted credit facilities, payment for products supplied shall be made within 28 days of date of invoice . For Buyers without credit accounts payment for products supplied shall be either pro-forma or cash on delivery of goods.
5.2 The Buyer shall not be entitled to make any deduction or set off from any sums claimed by the Company any amount due or claimed against the Company by the Buyer whether under this or any other Contract.
5.3 All discounts from trade prices are granted on condition that payment is made by the due date. Should payment not be received by the due date discounts may be removed and products re-invoiced at standard trade prices.
5.4 In the event that the customer shall fall into arrears with any payment whatsoever, then all other unpaid amounts shall become due and the Company shall be entitled to suspend any further deliveries and withdraw credit facilities for future transactions.
5.5 The Company reserves the right at its discretion to charge interest on unpaid invoices calculated at a daily rate of 4% above Royal Bank of Scotland Base lending rate then in force from the date when payment for the Goods becomes due until the date when payment is made in full.
5.6 The Company reserves the right to charge minimum of £25.00 for each cheque unpaid by the Buyers Bank and a minimum of £25.00 for each unpaid Direct Debit, including cheques which are returned marked “Please re-present”.
6. RESALE OF GOODS
6.1 The goods are supplied subject to the following conditions:
- The goods must be sold or re-sold only in the package and containers in which the Goods were supplied by the Company.
- No trade mark(s) other than the trade mark(s) carried by the Goods at the time of delivery will be marked on or applied in relation to the Goods.
- The Buyer shall take all such steps that are necessary to ensure that the Goods are stored, displayed and offered for sale in accordance with any instructions provided by the Company from time to time.
- That the Buyer will co-operate with the Company in the event it is necessary to re-call any Goods supplied.
- The Buyer shall not alter, add to, deface, remove, conceal or obliterate any trademark attached or applied to the Goods.
6.2 No right or licence is granted under these Conditions or any Contract to the Buyer under any trademark, copyright registered designed or other intellectual property right except to use or re-sell the Goods. No warranty is given as to whether that use or re-sale will infringe the rights of third parties.
7.1 The Company accepts no Liability or damage to Good’s in transit unless:
- Goods are examined and signed for immediately upon receipt
- The Buyer notifies the Company, in writing within 72 hours of any claim for short delivery or damage to the Goods.
- The relevant delivery document is endorsed with details of any obvious loss or damage.
- An oral communication of any alleged defect or damage, or non-delivery will be deemed to be sufficient for the purpose of these conditions.
8 RETENTION OF TITLE
8.1 Until the Company has received payment for all Goods whatsoever that the Company has supplied at any time to the Buyer or to any holding, subsidiary or associate company of the Buyer as defined respectively by section 736 of the Companies Act, 1985 and section 435 of the Insolvency Act, 1986;
- The Goods shall remain the Company’s property and the Buyer shall store the Goods separately and/or keep them in such a way that they can be readily identified as being the property of the Company.
- The Buyer accepts that he hold the Goods in a fiduciary relationship as the Company’s bailie.
- The Buyer is permitted to sell the Goods in the ordinary course of business on the basis that the net proceeds of any sale shall become the Company’s property but has no authority to enter into any contract of sale on the Company’s behalf.
- Without prejudice to any other remedy that the Company may. At any time, revoke the Buyer’s power of sale by notice to the Buyer is in default in payment of any sum whatsoever due to the Company, or any cheque of other negotiable instrument drawn by the Buyer in favour of the Company is dishonoured on presentation for payment, or if the Company has bona fide doubt as to the solvency of the Buyer.
- The Buyer’s power of sale shall automatically cease if any administrative receiver is appointed over any of the assets of the Buyer or, if the Buyer goes into voluntary liquidation or calls a meeting of its creditors or commits any act of bankruptcy.
- Upon determination of the Buyer’s power of sale all sums payable in respect of the Goods supplied shall become due immediately, notwithstanding that any period of credit permitted under the contract may not haveexpired, and the Company shall be entitled to enter upon any premises for the Buyer, or to which the Buyer has access, for the purpose of removing any remaining Goods which the Buyer agrees to place at the Company’s disposal.
- The Company may maintain an action for the price of the Goods notwithstanding the ownership of them has not passed.
9 FORCE MAJEURE
9.1 The Company shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performance of its obligations to the Buyer as a result of causes beyond the company’s reasonable control.
10.1 Any conditions of contract, which the Buyer may seek to impose, shall form no part of the contract between the Buyer and the Company and any changes to the above Terms and Conditions must be agreed in writing.
None of the Company’s employees has the right to bind the Company to any verbal agreement that does not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
10.2 If any of these Terms and Conditions is rendered void or unenforceable at law then that part shall be sever able from these Terms and Conditions and they shall remain otherwise in full force and effect
11 JUDICAL JURISDICTION
11.1 The conditions shall be construed and governed in all by Scottish Law and the Customer and the Company shall submit to the Jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.